Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 05:39:42 -0600

Greetings to all.  This time of year in Austin the lowered sun creates
fabulous early morning highlights in the trees.  So, first we have a large
scale view or the morning sun catching cypress trees as they turn brown and
begin to shed their needles:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/Cypress+in+the+low+fall+sun.jpg.html

Then a finer view:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/cypress+catching+morning+sun+barely.jpg.html

Walking downtown I couldn't help but feel that our urban residents treat
trees specifically but the natural order as floor lamps metaphorically;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/The+eternal+as+floor+lamp.jpg.html

Moving down to the lake you see trees as either refuge from the sun or
threatening fingers of destruction:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/tree+limbs+as+friend+or+threatening.jpg.html

The light on the trees by the lake is lovely:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/three+sisters+at+Lady+Bird+lake.jpg.html

Moving closer to the lake I do like the abstract quality of the reflections
and the ripples:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/Willow+on+the+water.jpg.html

More of the reflections from the other side of the lake:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/willow+abstract.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don