Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cream Brick Neighborhood School
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 23:08:07 -0500

For years I've passed my neighborhood elementary school, and thought what a
fine Victorian building it is.  I finally grabbed a shot with my
iPhone today while on my way to the hardware store.  It's one of the many
remaining buildings in town built with locally produced cream brick,
which gave Milwaukee the nickname of The Cream City.  The whole city used
to have this bright aspect to its buildings until soot darkened
them by the 1930's.  Most survivors have been cleaned.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Buildings/20201026_MR_Fratney_School_IMG_1531.jpg.html

--
Alan