Subject: [Leica] Home Pass
From: reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 23:04:58 -0700

> Btw, the family headstone is incomplete. What year did Gentrude W.
> Carter
> died?

Gertrude Welch Carter died 15 July 1955 in Virginia Beach.
Her funeral service was held at New Hope Presbyterian Church, whose
record book shows on page 177 that she was sent to North Carolina for
burial.

The 1910 census lists her living in Mintonville with 4 sons, Herbert,
Pat (Alexander Patrick), Wallace, and Thurman. I presume that one of
those four was our friend Ric's grandfather. The databases to which I
have access do not let me see information about living people, so I
can't trace backwards.

The same 1910 census lists the profession of nearly every adult in
Mintonville as "Farmer", though there are a few "horse dealer" and
"merchant" titles here and there.

Message from jwlee01 at gmail.com (John Lee) ([Leica] Home Pass)