Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 12/10/2020: Wrocław/Breslau street
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:10:23 +0200

I am spending a few days in the city where I was born, Wroc?aw in Poland,
visiting my sister here. The weather is awful, but I still enjoy my first
trip outside Spain since early March. The other day I took these three
images, illustrating the city?s past as the German city of Breslau and its
present as a modern, vibrant Polish city.

These two buildings, student residences for the nearby technical university,
are known as ?the pencils?:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4sf7KD6/A

Then, I was walking on this street near my sister?s apartment building. The
houses on the left date from before the war, and somehow they managed to
survive the almost total destruction of the city in January-April 1945. They
also do not seem to have been maintained much since then:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-2cJqTk5/A

As evidenced by the faded, but still visible, signs in German, indicating
that here was a grocery store back when this city was called Breslau:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hgW9fBg/A

More cheerful photos coming later.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 12/10/2020: Wrocław/Breslau street)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 12/10/2020: Wrocław/Breslau street)