Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 04:58:42 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week we will stay well within 1 kilometer from my
home.  We chose this neighborhood for it's vast diversity in all respects.
We start with a section 8 housing(lowered to low income housing)
 development that is usually behind a gate to limit access.  When the
landscapers were busy I walked in and found this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/woman+with+birds+abstract+modern.jpg.html

The restaurant that this sign advertises is a popular fried chicken and
beer emporium.  Did I say very popular and perhaps an institution in Austin:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Lucys.jpg.html

This is in an alley near some restaurants.  I have no idea what this
references or why it was painted as visibility is very limited unless you
are taking a shortcut through the neighborhood:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/JELO.jpg.html

Going north from the alley and then east on a surface street you come to
this wall abutting a restaurant.  I guess art takes many expressions but
I'm going to guess this artist stays up way to late at night:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/test+pattern+wall.jpg.html

Several blocks north and on the main surface street is a small
bodega/grocery specializing in organic produce, imported good wine and
spices for non-european cuisines:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Our+Lady+of+the+Radish.jpg.html

Last for today is a mural on the patio area of an Italian restaurant.  Many
weeks ago I showed another mural for a Fellini film and this one is next to
it:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Matrimonio+all+Italiana.jpg.html

All the best until next week.

--