Subject: [Leica] Wednesday weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 05:26:05 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week starts with a play on color and then moves to
vines.  The prickly pears are doing unusually well this late in the season;
some are even blooming a second time.  However, this was just a delight in
the vivid green:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/lime+green+prickly+pear.jpg.html

While walking in the neighborhood I heard a large number of bees, they were
swarming these blossoms with one too slow to escape it's picture:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Bee+and+vine.jpg.html

During the same walk these berries are quite lovely:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Ivy+leaves+and+red+berries.jpg.html

On an earlier walk I noticed this faded morning glory, I didn't have a
macro lens so probably a 75% crop:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/morning+glory+faded+bloom.jpg.html

Obviously the season is changing and some vines are withdrawing chlorophyll:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/green+and+yellow+leaves.jpg.html

Different day but the same fence as the previous morning glory.  I really
like SonC's darker color pallette and have moved in that direction here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/two+morning+glory+blossoms.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don