Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photos - Willem Dafoe in Student Plays, 1973
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 23:13:45 -0500

In 1973, before she got her degrees in Mass Communication and Women's
Studies, my wife Kathryn was in the acting program at the
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and performed in two productions with
Willem Dafoe, who went on to act in New York and in films.
Naturally, I took pictures.

Here are two of Dafoe from that spring.  The first is from "The Devils"
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Work/Theater/Dafoe_DevilsJ33_1973_AMR.jpg.html

This one is from "Premise", an original production by a grad student, Guy
Meyer.  In this, the studio theater was divided into areas for each actor
(or actors)
and the audience walked through on their own schedule as the performers
ad-libbed in character.  Willem Dafoe was "Death".
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Work/Theater/Dafoe_Premise_1973_AMR.jpg.html

Also in "Premise", Jeff Browne portrayed the "Mirror Man", who would mimic
whatever the spectator was doing. This is his response to my photographing
him.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Work/Theater/Dafoe_Premise_1973_AMR.jpg.html

--