Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome is back...
From: richard at richardman.photo (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:31:21 -0700

OK, this is the type of stubbornness that I appreciate.

Background: Kodachrome, with such vibrant colors that Paul Simon even wrote
a song about it. It was created by "God and Man" (Leopold Godowsky Jr. and
Leopold Mannes) in the 1930s. SADLY, I did not take many Kodachrome photos
myself.

The process went kaput when the last lab shut down and it's not a process
that people can just do at home, unlike other slide films. So when a
company that sells digital presets that simulate film-look wanted to
release a Kodachrome preset, they just asked people to send in their
Kodachrome slides.

No, wait, they spent two years painstakingly recreated the Kodachrome
development process and chemicals.

I APPROVE OF THIS STUBBORNNESS / FOOLISHNESS. I mean, we went to the Moon
because it is not easy.

https://petapixel.com/2020/09/15/vsco-went-full-macgyver-to-create-an-authentic-kodachome-film-simulation

--
"Some People Drive, We Are Driven"