Subject: [Leica] [LRflex] Wildfire smoke filter
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 13:10:51 -0700

Necessity, the mother of invention.  I have heard people putting a MERV 13
filter on the back of a box fan and that works well.  Probably better than a
 Swiffer sheet.  Growing up in Seattle (U - district), I know that most of
the houses do not have any kind of forced air system in them.  We had
radiators and of course most do not have AC.  We have put a MERV 13 filter
in our HVAC and cut off the outside air intake and that seems to work pretty
good.  And fortunately the smoke has blocked so much sunlight we are not
heating up into the 90?s as was predicted, but barely making it into the mid
70, so we don?t need to run anything to stay cool.

Stay safe and keep filtering that air.

Aram