Subject: [Leica] Dune photo
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 14:08:09 -0500

Like many in confinement, I've been going over old negatives/files,
cleaning up etc.? Here is one at sunup in Death Valley, taken with the
Linhof 4x5 field outfit and 210mm Rodenstock lens.? Earlier I had the
dark slide catch on a negative and flip it inside the camera, so I had
to take the back off to retrieve it (don't you hate it when that
happens? :)).? Here is a little large format trivia: It is possible to
put the back on the Linhof reversed front to back.? If you do that, as I
did, then the plane of focus will be a little off and all your negatives
will be OOF, like this one.? I usually carried a Polaroid back so I
could check things or give an instant print to someone, but...not this time.

On this one, I used an Orton effect (glowing) layer on the light part,
kind of artsy and somewhat hiding the OOF part.? The idea came to me
while trying out the Glenlivet 18-year Scotch.

Ken

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/dune.jpg.html

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Dune photo)