Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 04:53:36 -0500

Greetings to all.  We start with a juxtaposition of a new pine tree and an
old recycled pine tree, or carbon sequestration if you will:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/twins.jpg.html

I rather liked the care taken by the developers to preserve this oldish oak
while building a modern building: much better than the accidental
chainsawing of trees before the permit is requested:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/old+and+new.jpg.html

On one of my walks I just looked up and remembered being 5:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/looking+up+summer+morning.jpg.html

We have been to these two trees before.  This time I worked in different
light and used a telephoto to isolate the roots of these two happily
growing trees:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/blown+down+but+still+living.jpg.html

This is a young tree growing around an old dead tree; pretty good example
of recylcing:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/new+tree+for+old.jpg.html

As part of building a heritage oak forest the Lady Bird Center cut a large
number of trees(mostly cedar and mesquite) to create meadow with enough
light for the new oaks to grow.  Unfortunately, an old fellow was in the
way or possibly already dead.  I chose a long shot to show the new growth
that has come in over the past 10-15 years:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/old+and+discarded+with+new.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don