Subject: [Leica] Give credit where credit is due
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 23:19:51 +0100

Except it's not.

A couple of weeks ago, I was reading the various book reviews in the
Financial Times and spotted an interesting Winogrand-ish photo from 1977
credited as Fairchild Archive/Penske Media/Shutterstock in the review of
Andr? Leon Talley's book The Chiffon Trenches, but absolutely no name of
the photographer anywhere. It's probably a Woman's Wear Daily image, and
maybe Tony Palmieri, but there's no way of telling let alone confirming it.

Maybe it will be properly credited in the book, but, as I'm not exactly
into women's clothing, I can't see myself rushing out to check it out -
let alone buying it.

This is the image https://tinyurl.com/y4z5e8o7 that I was curious about.

It's a strong image, but the way things are going with the rise of these
image swallowing corporations, very shortly we'll never see the name of
the original photographers credited again.

A pity.

Douglas