Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 06:24:21 -0500

Greetings to all.  I went down to the 6th street bar district this week.
The bars have been closed and to protect the merchandise the windows have
been boarded up.  Fresh plywood appears to be a canvas that is too
inviting.  However, we will start with a bit of corporated work painted on
a second floor wall:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/tears+of+joy.jpg.html

This is part of a larger mural that waits for me to visit with a much wider
lens, however, the national creature of Texas deserves individual mention:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/sharkdillo.jpg.html

These mermaids I thought were especially well done:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/mermaids+in+plaster.jpg.html

On the boundary of where demonstrations keep occurring:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/united+we+rise.jpg.html

Just art for art's sake:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/drawing+lashes.jpg.html

A bit more message in this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/keep+in+touch.jpg.html

Next week will bring more, all the best.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com
--