Subject: [Leica] M9 replacement LCD screen
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:05:07 +0900

Leica Tokyo replied today. They said,

*Dear Mr. Cheyne,*

*Thank you for contacting us.*

*Please send the camera with the LCD screen to Leica Camera Japan Customer
Care Center Ginza.*

*Replacing with a new LCD screen costs about 130,000 yen, but it is free to
install the detached screen.*

*Best Regards,*

I've asked for clarification. 130,000 yen is about $1,300. Fitting the LCD
screen is free, but a new screen would be 130,000 is exorbitant. Maybe that
is for the sapphire glass, not acrylic. I've also clarified for them that
after my screen fell off, I searched for it but could not find it, so need
a new plastic (acrylic) screen. I added that the camera has not been
dropped and is stored in a dry cabinet at 40 degrees relative humidity, so
perhaps the sensor replacement in 2016 that they performed might have
eventually resulted in the screen falling out.

Fingers crossed for a helpful response.

All best,

Peter