Subject: [Leica] OT: H.C. Ørsted
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 06:07:02 +0200

Tooting the horn for my beloved little Denmark and in particular one very
significant contribution to science made by a Dane 200 years ago.

Next time you get into your electric car or use any device with an electric
engine, think of the Danish phycisist H.C. ?rsted. On July 21st 1820, he
published a pamphlet in which he described his experiments proving a
relation between electricity and magnetism, thus laying the ground for much
of the technology we all use every day:
https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/200807/physicshistory.cfm
<https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/200807/physicshistory.cfm>

Today, the world?s largest offshore wind power company is named after him:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98rsted_(company)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98rsted_(company)>

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"