Subject: [Leica] Hale-Bop photo by Mr. Ritter
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 08:48:07 -0700

Howard - I was on a driving trip across the US from Calif to Cleveland and
back a number of years ago. Stopped at White Sands NM, and listened to a
lecture by Dr. Hale while sitting on a sand dune and watching a presentation
projected on his motor home. He said next April a comet - the Hale-Bop comet
is going to be a sensation as it travels across the sky. That April- I was
taking a nude photo workshop with French photographer (Lucien Clergue) and
other photographers in Death Valley. We took a day trip to the Alabama Hills
to shoot by the Sierra Nevada mountains. After shooting most of the day we
drove back to Death Valley. After some time- were told the comet was coming
by. It was low in the sky - going right to left. It had a V tail- white and
blue. I was so tired of shooting nude models, that I did not take one
photograph. I watched it go by- spectacular!! Now I regret not shooting it.
But- that?s life.
Stasys Petravicius