Subject: [Leica] IMG: Comet NEOWISE 2020
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 05:46:15 -0700

Got up at 4:00 AM this morning and drove out north of town to get away from
the city lights. Set up the tripod. Looked for comet NEOWISE in the NE sky
but couldn?t pick it out but a pair of (Leica - see? on topic) binoculars
found it right away.

Astro photography is a bit of a different thing for me. I made some
mistakes. I should have used the delay on the camera so I got a bit of
tripod shake. But I did make a comet photo!

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/MiscUsage/Astronomy/i-DwpdHCL/A>

Fujifilm GFX100 with 250mm f4 lens. 1.3 seconds @ ISO 2000.

It was fun to see the comet which was naked-eye visible as my eyes got
adjusted. Of course the sky was lightening also.

Thanks for looking!

Adam Bridge
Davis, CA

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: Comet NEOWISE 2020)