Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 04:29:08 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week will bring a varied lot.  We start with some
isolated spanish moss infesting a grove of live oaks by a creek:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/spanish+moss+and+reaching+limbs.jpg.html

I liked the horizontal bent to this tree.  It has been there a long time so
whatever caused it to grow away from the pov is long gone:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/old+oak+with+burls.jpg.html

This house stands right next to a park.  I liked my view on their windows:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/reflections.jpg.html

Cedar is an amazingly durable wood.  I don't know how long this trunk has
been standing in the middle of a meadow:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/still+standing.jpg.html

I liked this old tree standing in a grove of younger trees.  I am guessing
that the wood didn't work when the area was settled in the 1820's so this
tree survived.  Or it could have been too large even then to bother with:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/old+growth+amongst+the+new+growth.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don