Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 06:09:12 -0500

Greetings to all.  We start todays tour with an example of Austin's true
love for their trees.  Sane people would have addressed this oak long ago.
Now, when it inevitably dies...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/live+oak+and+ranch+house+love.jpg.html

Walking in the woods near the Padernales river I liked the curves of this
snag:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/snag+near+the+Padernales.jpg.html

In the same area, I wondered about the age of this tree versus the
surrounding saplings:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/survivor.jpg.html

Back down to the river I admired this tangled web of roots drinking from
the river:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/tangles.jpg.html

Last for today we have a bent trunk.  It makes you wonder what forces of
wind or light convinced this tree to give way:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/bend+like+a+willow+stand+like+an+oak.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don