Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 00:13:08 -0500

Greetings to all.  This is going to be a long post that ignores the
temporary elephant in the room.  So, for fun we start with a
pictorial representation of how we all felt after being in lockdown:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/feelings+after+7+weeks+of+lockdown.jpg.html

Now we move to commentary on Austin ignoring both covid 19 and the unhappy
events of the last 10 days.  We start with a typical morning at a food
truck; this does represent how the younger crowd feels about the lockdown
and also how the tech industry is in Austin:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/taco+truck+1st+street.jpg.html

There are several modest rock walls along creeks, they are heavily used by
groups who prefer the outdoors to indoors:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/taco+truck+1st+street.jpg.html

The following two images are just typical family activities currently.  The
first is a father/daughter enjoying a creek after a rain.  the second image
is of two families just out in the fresh air.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Father+daughter+splashing+in+feeder+creek.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/two+families+1st+at+Mary.jpg.html

This young lass has a smallish apartment not far away.  She availed herself
of the empty college campus that has a beautiful view of the Austin skyline
to get outside and read.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/lass+reading+St+Edwards+overlooking+Austin+Heights.jpg.html

There is a high point near the lake near downtown.  These two groups were
taking advantage of the view to do the formal portraits for a graduation
and a wedding, taking care to be sererate:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/weddings+and+graduation+in+the+age+of+Covid.jpg.html

Life does carry on.  This five year old could not have a traditional
birthday party so her parents arranged a drive by.  This is her getting
ready:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Brooks+birthday+in+the+age+of+Covid.jpg.html

This is her ready to receive her guests that were lined up on the street
camera right:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Brook+awaiting+her+court.jpg.html

It was amazing that everyone on the block knew this young lady and that she
was turning 5.  All were excited by her joy at growing older.  Of course
the fire truck leading the parade with lights and siren might have helped.
No pictures as I was having too much fun watching her hand out gift bags to
all her friends who came by.

All the best.

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Monday Misc.)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Monday Misc.)