Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 2: The CoVid Chronicles 39
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:05:31 +0100

I tried my old Tokina 2X converter on my Sony A7II with my Pentacon
300/5.6 as there were a couple of overflights due above my house
yesterday. As the planes were overflying at 34,000 to 38.000 feet and it
was hazy, it was difficult get right as the tripod wouldn't let me get
the right angle. I had to ramp up the ISO and hand hold the camera.

This is the best of a bad lot.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_American+Airlines+Dreamliner+at+38_000+feet.jpg.html

It can be seen larger, and you can see that I need to clean my sensor.

This is a 1900 pixels crop of the 6000 pixels original, and can be seen
larger which is the actual sensor view if that makes sense.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Close+up+American+Airlines+Dreamliner+at+38_000+feet.jpg.html

Any hints on how to take effective aeroplane shots when they're 7.2
miles above your head will be gratefully received

Douglas
p.s. I'll have to clean that sensor again!

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMGs x 2: The CoVid Chronicles 39)
Reply from papatorry46 at gmail.com (Wayne Torry) ([Leica] IMGs x 2: The CoVid Chronicles 39)