Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 4: The CoVid Chronicles 36
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 22:57:31 +0100

We hop forward a few days to the 19th May when Ireland started to relax
some of its restrictions and opened its beaches. I took a very short
walk down to have a look at the local swimming area at the Martello
tower at Seapoint, and found that all the high fencing put there by the
council had been taken away. Social distancing of two metres is still
supposed to be maintained, but, as expected, foolhardy youth crushed
this hope.

As usual, I was taking these photographs wearing one of my masks. It
turned out to be essential as some of the young men were just brushing
past unconcernedly. When I'm back to full health and I resume swimming,
I might just have to bring a sword with me? :-)

Motherhood with part of crowded beach behind. Seapoint, Co. Dublin.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_1R+Motherhood.jpg.html

People enjoying the beach despite the dull day and low tide. There are a
lot more people out of the frame on the landward side. Seapoint, Co.
Dublin.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_1R+Seapoint+beach.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_1R+Seapoint+beach.jpg.html>

There's supposed to be no hanging around afterwards, just "Swim and Go!"
Needless to say, with no police about, it was "Swim and Hang Around with
Your Friends Afterwards". Seapoint, Co. Dublin.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_1R+Swim+and+Go.jpg.html

A newly painted door at Belgrave Square, Monkstown. The brasswork has
yet to put back. You can see they are swimmers too.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_1R+New+paint+and+towels.jpg.html

All taken with Sony A7II and Sony FE 28-70/3.5 lens, and all can be seen
larger if desired.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs x 4: The CoVid Chronicles 36)