Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photo - Fluid Artist
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:14:19 -0500

A portion of my job at the university involved providing photo
illustrations to go along with stories in various publications.
I strove to catch the viewer's eye so they would read the text.

This art professor built kinetic sculptures using multiple high pressure
water valves synched with electronic flashes to
create the illusion of water drops suspended in the air forming artistic
patterns.  At the time the university was doing a story
on him, his sculpture was dismantled for shipment to an exhibition, so I
came up with this publicity photo in the studio
using a plate of glass sprayed with a mixture of water and Karo syrup (to
keep the droplets in place).  Lit with multiple
electronic flashes.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Work/19910404_MR_Award_PSOA_10009B_9.jpg.html

--