Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 2/5/2020: free at last!
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 12:19:54 +0200

Yesterday, 48 days of confinement ended. As from 6 a.m., people aged 14-69
were allowed out to take walks and exercise, as long as social distancing
rules were respected, no swimming in the sea, when out running or cycling,
stay within your municipality, respect the time slots (6-10 and 20-23) etc.
So not complete freedom but vastly more than we have had for the past 7
weeks. So I got up at 6 and by 8 I was on my bicycle, cycling towards the
hills along the beach road:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kDkXgcx/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kDkXgcx/A>

After about 8 km, I was at the foothills?how I have missed going there!
Exercising on a bike on rollers on my front porch has kept me in shape, but
it cannot be compared with being out there in the landscape:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cQzWBSC/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cQzWBSC/A>

I cycled as far up as I was allowed to. Fortunately, El Campello is a fairly
big municipality, so I was able to get within less than 2 km of Aig?es and
enjoy the view of Alicante from up there:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QJNz6XS/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QJNz6XS/A>

On my way back, I stopped in the fishing harbour. The boats were in and the
fishermen were arranging the nets and whatnot:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xjPKxr6/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xjPKxr6/A>
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zrDPcsS/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zrDPcsS/A>

There were some people on the beach, and a few contravened the prohibition
against bathing, but in general people are respecting the restrictions.
Nobody wants to risk a spike in infections and a new lockdown:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-PW7HLSL/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-PW7HLSL/A>

Today I cycled again in the morning, and in the evening I will go for a walk
on the beach, just as I did last night.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 2/5/2020: free at last!)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 2/5/2020: free at last!)