Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photo - Low Light
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 18:20:58 -0500

Thanks, Brian, Jeff Don, and Ric.

I took too much credit.  Went and looked at my contact sheet.  There were
four frames: the first one must have been at 1/60 or faster - only the
faces showed; the second one and the one I posted (#3) showed detail; and
the last frame was overexposed and blurred.  I always was stingy with film.
When I
used winders, it was frame by frame, I never held the button down and
didn't use motor drives (the sound of bursts at press conferences drives me
crazy).  And I hardly ever bracketed with slide film - I trusted my Sekonic
L-28 and my seat of the pants feeling.  In the little stock shooting I did,
I'd have three originals at the same exposure so they didn't need
duplication.  Our photo department at UWM was a frugal operation too.  We
bulk loaded all B&W and E6
35mm films.   I could turn a 100' roll into fifteen 36 exposure and five 20
exposure rolls and have them labelled and in film cans in 30 minutes by
doing all the spooling in the dark.  I'd do this for Pan-X, FP4, Tri-X, and
various speeds of slide film, tungsten and daylight.  Ahh, the good old
days   ;-)
--
Alan

(Retired)