Subject: [Leica] Isolation??
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 23:57:32 +0100

Well that's a rootin' tootin' brave decision, Tina.

As for here in Ireland, I'm temporarily self-isolating in my room as I
had a minor issue and my doctor told me to stay away from my vulnerable
wife for 14 days just in case it might be CoVid in disguise. However,
nearly 9 days on, thankfully, there's no sign of CoVid, just as there's
little sign of a let up in the restrictions over here. The problem is
the asymptomatic hordes walking around, and the very minor mild symptoms
of the young.

Who knows what certain decisions can lead to? I moved my 96 year mother
to a nursing home around the 25th of last month to ensure she was safer,
as there was a higher turnover of care assistants who were calling to
her house to help her and cook her lunch. It seemed the right decision
at the time as none of the carers wore masks, gloves, or other safety
aids as I did when I called to her house. Yesterday, I was informed that
they have 17 infected patients and 6 infected staff - not a great
situation. It seems there were asymptomatic staff working there - all
uncovered when testing was done on everybody, per new government
regulations.

My mother is now seeing only carers in full PPE, and to her bewilderment
having her temperature taken every day. She's at least feeling fine, but
an acquaintance of mine from motor racing died in the same nursing home
six days ago.

Life's unfair, and you have to look after yourselves, bearing in mind
your own vulnerabilities. I'm sure your son would understand.

Douglas