Subject: [Leica] Summarit Examples for Lluis
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 23:32:48 +0930

In the early 2000s there was a LuG member, Stephen Holloway, whose website
had a series of quite extraordinary photos taken with the 50/1.5 Summarit.
Bits of his site are archived:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010331125831/http://www.deepturtle.ch/ but
his other site is nowhere to be found.  It?s sad that a lot of his work
seems ?lost? - I?ve not been able to find him elsewhere and lost contact.
He had a photo of an exquisite young woman on a tram in Zurich that was a
masterpiece.

One of Stephen?s tactics was to walk backwards in public places with the
Summarit wide open and focused at 1m.  As things came into view he
photographed them.  It sounds like it wouldn?t work but it did.

It?s one great tragedy of the digital age - we see so much, but so often it
doesn?t last.

Marty

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Summarit Examples for Lluis)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Summarit Examples for Lluis)