Subject: [Leica] Covid 19 results
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:56:57 -0700

Just in from daughter Katie in Victoria:

Ian and I have had a rollercoaster of a few days that we can now share (as
always apologies for the length):

As you know, we got notification on Friday about our dentist's office and a
positive COVID 19 case there. Ian, Clementine and Eloise were sick during
the week, but we didn't think anything of it, until getting the notice on
Friday. I also started showing signs of sickness (sore throat, dry cough,
low grade fever, shortness of breath...). Not good signs in these times!!

So, on Saturday I spent three hours trying to get through on 811 and another
four hours on hold waiting to talk to a nurse (I was told it would be six,
so four wasn't so bad!!). Based on our symptoms (Ian was also low grade
fever, chest pain, shortness of breath, etc. and both girls were sore
throats and runny noses), we were given the coveted COVID 19 screening
clinic number, but told they weren't open until Monday at 830 am...

In the off chance someone was working, I called on Sunday morning and left a
message. Within an hour they called back and scheduled all four of us for
COVID 19 tests later that morning, on account of our contact with a
confirmed case and subsequent symptoms. So, off we went for drive thru
testing. It was intense and awful. The girls were champs. They too got swabs
all the way up their noses to swab the backs of their throats ?

The last 48 hours have been agony, but happily I just called and we were
confirmed negative for COVID 19 ?? I'm positive Flu B (whatever that
means!!), but at least not COVID 19. So, there you have it! We figured best
to not burden you until we knew the outcome ??? Love to all!! x

Needless to say we are very relieved.

Howard

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Covid 19 results)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Covid 19 results)