Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 7: CoVid-19 Crisis
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 18:55:02 +0000

My local railway station is 183 years old in two months time. Salthill
and Monkstown was opened in May 1837 as one of the stations on the
Dublin and Kingstown Railway which initially started service three years
earlier, making it one of the first passenger railways in the world.

Now, it's a very busy commuter line with the Dublin Dart service
carrying thousands of people the 5.5 miles to and from Dublin every day.
Its car park is always jammed with many people leaving their cars
scattered over the local hinterland. However, since the arrival of
CoVid-19, so many jobs have gone, people are working from home, etc., so
the busy car park is now nearly empty.

Here are some pictures, starting with my wife's car (ironically, I drove
it today as it's easier to park) occupying an otherwise empty car park,
and ending with a selfie of a masked man. Shot with Sony A7ll and
Samyang 33/2.8

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Salthill+Station+1.jpg.html

and click to the right, and right, and right, etc., etc.

All can be seen larger if desired.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] IMGs x 7: CoVid-19 Crisis)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMGs x 7: CoVid-19 Crisis)