Subject: [Leica] Comparing portraits with Noctilux Monochrom and film
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 21:33:50 -0600

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 Howard L Ritter Jr <hlritter at bex.net>wrote:

>Lluis, I have just the opposite reaction. i think the MM image is superior
in just about every way. To me, the film image looks like a flat image that
>has been recorded on a flat surface, like I?m looking at a piece of film,
while the MM image has smoothness, richness of dynamic range, >ontrast, and
depth, like I?m looking through it into reality.

>Of course, this impression has nothing to do with the fact that I love my
own MM?

>?howard
Lluis, I agree with Howard.  There's something about the digital image that
I like better.
--
Alan

(Retired)