Subject: [Leica] Old Lenses on the Z7
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 20:44:08 -0800

 Got back to Pender Island today where I store my old lenses:

This was a pleasant surprise - my very old (from 1971) 200 Nikkor f4.0 - fit
without binding - via the Nikon adaptor
on the Z7. It doesn?t fit on most later Nikon digital camera bodies.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSCA6236.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSCA6236.jpg.html>

and the lens drew quite a nice (if slightly soft) photo of Vancouver Island
and the Swanson Channel on the Z7 sensor.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4419.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4419.jpg.html>

Years ago when Leica deserted R cameras I re-bayoneted my Leica APO 100mm
with a Leotax Nikon mount and it fits snugly on the Z7 adapter:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSCA6237.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSCA6237.jpg.html>

The lens produces a wider view of Vancouver Island and the Swanson Channel.
Razor sharp too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4421.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_4421.jpg.html>

I am going to have some fun getting to know this camera. A cheap Leica M to
Nikon Z adapter is on its way to me.

Can be viewed large if you like. C&C always welcome.

Howard.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Old Lenses on the Z7)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Old Lenses on the Z7)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Old Lenses on the Z7)