Subject: [Leica] Fooling around with the Nikon Z6
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 20:21:22 -0700

Hi Luggers,

We are in Calgary sitting the grands while both parents work in separate
plays and I have taken advantage of the local camera stores free loan of
a Nikon Z6 with the 24 - 70 kit lens plus the Nikon F adapter. Would have
taken the Z7 for a spin if one were available.

Here is Olive at lunch today - Z6 kit lens at 70mm, camera detail provided:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0045.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0045.jpg.html>

Esther and Olive at the Indigo Bookstore, Chinook Centre. Z6 and Leica 28mm
Elmarit bayoneted to Nikon Lens and attached via adapter.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0004.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0004.jpg.html>

Esther and Olive at Red Lobster for lunch. The 24 - 70 kit lens at 70 -
sharpest kit lens I have ever handled. Not kind to older faces.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0084.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0084.jpg.html>

Aubrey getting ready for karate: Z6 and the 24 - 85 Nikkor lens at 85 - not
as sharp as the kit lens;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0084.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0084.jpg.html>

Aubrey and Olive in their Karate outfits; The Z6 and the 24 - 85 at 58mm

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0084.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/DSC_0084.jpg.html>

As a Nikon user the Z6 is quite easy to adapt to - but I am pretty sure it
is not a replacement for my D500 for bird work.

Any luggers using their Leica M lenses on a Z and happy with the results?

May be viewed larger if you like (recommended in fact).

C&C always welcome

Howard.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Fooling around with the Nikon Z6)
Reply from geneduprey2015 at gmail.com (Gene Duprey) ([Leica] Fooling around with the Nikon Z6)