Subject: [Leica] The M mount turned 70 today!
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 13:07:09 -0500

The M mount turned 70 today!  *

And I got my first camera and lens sharing that mount 35 years ago: a
semi-clapped-out M3 Double Stroke and a 35mm Summaron with goggles.  I
wanted to try and figure out what the fuss was about, and I ended up
getting hooked by the rangefinder way of seeing and working, and by the way
Leica glass (admittedly mostly newer glass than that Summaron) renders the
world.

* [although I believe it took a few more years for M-mount hardware to hit
the market]

https://leicarumors.com/2020/02/10/the-leica-m-mount-is-70-years-old-today.aspx/

Replies: Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] The M mount turned 70 today!)