Subject: [Leica] Totally Off topic Windows 10 question
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 00:39:51 +0000

OK.? Somehow I lost all my USB ports including my keyboard and mouse.
well, not really somehow.? I had lost some of my USB ports when my
graphics card failed, and was trying from the device manager to delete
the USB hubs and then having Windows reinstall them, and guess what.? I
deleted the hub that controlled the mouse and keyboard.? So, I though
just restart and it will find the missing hubs.? Well, restartng does
not bring them back.? I put my old boot drive back in and it works
perfectly, so not a hardware issue.? Anything I find on the web talks
about click here, or type this, but I DON'T HAVE THE BLOODY MOUSE OR
KEYBOARD SO HOW CAN YOU TELL ME TO DO THAT TO GET THEM BACK?

My old bood drive is only a few months old left when I copied it to my
SSD, so I could just do that again and make up the few months if I can,
but would rather find some way to recover from this. I was going to
reinstall from a USB, but I guess you cannot reinstall and keep data and
apps from a bootable USB, only from within a running Windows 10, which I
do have, but can't access anything w/o a keyboard or mouse.? And I have
unplugged everything and replugged them in but they are not recognized.

Any hints would be welcomed off list please.

Aram