Subject: [Leica] More from Vienna
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 22:13:01 -0800

This is Vienna's Secession Museum, home to an avant-garde movement of
artists that began around 1897.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49041424731/in/dateposted-public/>

In 1902 a major exhibit was held there. Gustav Klimt painted a set of
murals interpreting Beethoven's 9th Symphony.? This section evokes the
darkness, empty pleasure-seeking and search for meaning Klimt heard in
the early movements of the symphony:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/PA200075.jpg.html>
And this panel shows the final "Ode to Joy" movement:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/PA200072.jpg.html>
(These are displayed on the LUG gallery to avoid running afoul of any
bluenoses on flickr or Facebook).

August Rodin came to the exhibit.? And another French visitor found
things to his taste.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49041635662/in/dateposted-public/>

Here is a Holocaust memorial in the Servitengasse neighborhood. It pairs
old-fashioned house keys with the names of the "vanished neighbors."
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49040921963/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49041635567/in/dateposted-public/>
The neighborhood church is beautiful:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49040921853/in/dateposted-public/>

On our last night in Vienna, we went to the outskirts of the city for a
typical Austrian dinner with our young friends David and Victoria:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49040921878/in/dateposted-public/>
A lovely little church in this outlying district:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49041635477/in/dateposted-public/>

David and Victoria's instruments:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/49040922048/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7 (40mm equivalent).? Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] More from Vienna)