Subject: [Leica] Message Held
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 16:20:10 -0800

The LUG mailing software will not accept a message that has more than 6
recipients. This is part of its anti-spam and anti-virus processing.
Statistically, a mail message with 6 recipients is more likely to be
spam than not.

Instead of accepting it, the software forwards it to me for review. If I
decide the message is safe, I approve its transmission and out it goes.

About once or twice a year a message arrives that says it is from you
(Tina) and has numerous recipients, but its contents is some form of
malicious data. Those I do not approve. If the world's senders of
viruses and spam ever end their habit of addressing messages to 10 or 20
people at a time, it will be harder to catch them and stop them.

LUG software has been doing this for at least 15 years, probably longer.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Message Held)