Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 2/11 and 3/11/2019: autumn in my hometown, dreary
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 07:48:30 +0100

A combined PAW for Saturday and Sunday, from my hometown Aarhus in Denmark
where I am until tomorrow. As I said to Lars yesterday, I love being back in
Denmark, but on days like this weekend, maybe just a tiny bit less. The
weather, while decent in Copenhagen on Thursday and Friday, turned in the
daylong rainy dreariness that is Danish autumn during the weekend. Still, I
enjoy being here. Four images from the weekend.

On Saturday morning, I went out for a brief walk around the centre of
Aarhus, where I am stying with Lars. Not particularly inviting weather, this:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-x7B5chn/A

So Lars and I and his partner Winnie spent the day on mainly indoors
activities, such as visiting a local art gallery. Winnie knows the artist
and we were going to visit her  later in the afternoon, so she thought it
wise to visit the gallery first so as to be able to discuss the work if
needed ;-)
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QqJChRF/A

On Sunday, the weather did not improve much, but Lars and I were determined
to do a bike ride, and we did. This was the landscape we traversed?flat and
easy by my standards, but also cold and wet, making us feel virtuous:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7Hv3MKM/A

And finally, a selfie during a coffee-and-cake stop. This ride was my first
as a 59-year old (my birthday was last Friday), and Lars?s last as a 59-year
old (he turns 60 today, as I write this). We have been close friends for
more than 40 years:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-ZnvQRn8/A

Later today we have a big party to celebrate Lars?s birthday, tomorrow
morning I will go back to Copenhagen and meet some old friends there for
lunch, and then I will fly home to Alicante.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain