Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Little Lens That Could
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:13:36 -0500

As we mix and match gear these days, I continue to post to both the LUG
and the OM galleries.? These are of probably of more interest to my OM
friends.

I recently acquired a first generation (?) Micro 4/3 camera body to
support my collection of Olympus lenses.? I was so impressed with the
small size and weight of this camera that I decided I needed a small
lens to match it.? I did some research and decided to go with the
Panasonic Lumix 20mm/1.7 Asph.? It lives up to its reputation.? Here are
a few examples:

An image shot from the ground, showing details in a cropped image.? They
are replacing the 60 yr old pole I pictured sometime earlier.? To me,
details are impressive.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20191009-PA090465.JPG.html

Bokeh in a Fall Colors shot, wide open.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20191009-PA090475.JPG.html

One of several pencil drawings by the late Don Northcutt that grace my
walls.? This is an early Swiss round barn that existed in a community
south of us fifty years ago, and is framed in barn wood.? It was shot on
the wall with room light.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20191009-PA090480.JPG.html

I am quite impressed with it for general use.

All are best viewed LARGE.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA