Subject: [Leica] : Re: yearbook question, but political
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 10:35:51 +0100

All,

As a LUGer from outside the US I have a different perspective and I hope
you will all bear with me.

There is no doubt that Trump is a disgrace and the US deserves better.
He has made The Office a laughing stock abroad. However his position is
a matter for US voters and their representatives to sort out. As I don't
have a vote in the US, while I may have opinions there isn't anything I
can do about it.

I have always thought that the idea of a donation to a deserving cause
is an excellent one. What I find that I can't condone is that the
receiving party is chosen on a political basis. Obviously there are
deserving  causes; let's not just make choice  political. I think the
original aim was to alleviate poverty and/or homelessness, which is
definitely worthy of the group. Let's choose one.

Peter

--

Dr. Peter Dzwig

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] : Re: yearbook question, but political)