Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Big Display Tent Comes Down
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 20:22:42 -0500

The final Regional Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Fly-In was
held locally on Friday and Saturday, with visiting aircraft parked on
both sides of a mile-long runway, and visitors bussed from parking lots
to the display area all day long for two days. Most visitors were gone
by late Sunday afternoon.? At the end of today (Monday), the most
obvious thing remaining is the roof and metal structure of the main
display tent.? Also around are some extra fuel trucks that were brought
in for the occasion.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190916-DSCF7363.JPG.html

As I watched the sun settling in the west, I spoke to a young fellow
standing at the gate, asking him if the pilot making takeoffs and
landings had just soloed.? His response was, "That's my wife!".

I couldn't help but recall how it felt, over 60 years ago, when I soloed
at the same airport.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA