Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/8/2019: an artsy day in Madrid
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:34:24 +0200

Yesterday I spent the day in Madrid, mainly looking at art and walking
around. The main reason for going was to see a very interesting exhibition
at the Prado, of Dutch and Spanish 17th century paintings called Parallel
Visions. The idea was that the style of painting in the two countries was
very similar and in effect represented a pan-European culture, despite the
nationalist narrative in the Netherlands following its independence from the
Spanish kind in 1648. Thanks to loans from the Rijksmuseum and other Dutch
and European museums, the Prado has been able to produce a really compelling
exhibition with many striking juxtapositions.

I took the high-speed train to Madrid and walked from the Atocha station to
the Prado. There is always a long queue to get in, but I am a member of the
Amigos del Prado, so I get in for free, and even more important, I get to
use a separate member entrance:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vtkZFGv/A

Photography is not allowed inside the Prado, so some of these images are
less than perfect since I had to take them quickly and on the sly.

One of the many impressive hallways in the Prado:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dqTNJh5/A