Subject: [Leica] IMG: Working on Technique
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:52:15 -0500

Limited for the moment with the gear at hand, an Oly E-510 with the ZD
50-200 lens at 200 on a Leica-R shoulder stock, I decided to try to
improve my technique.? I locked the shutter speed at 1/1000 to cut down
on movement and force the aperture wide open. I then raised the ISO to
400 to keep the exposure within range, knowing I could lose some
sharpness.? Then I went looking for victims.

I found this young bee giving me the eye from one of my neighbors' nice
orange flowers.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190806-P8066905.JPG.html

Then this Common Buckeye showed up.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190806-P8066915.JPG.html