Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Friday Flowers
From: papatorry at etex.net (papatorry at etex.net)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 21:36:05 -0500

The plumeria finally began to bloom this week. I followed the progress
most of the day.
I began shooting with the Sony A7II and the 50mm Dual Range Summicron on
the Fotodiox Leica M Stretch adapter. The additional extension of the
adapter came in handy.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/venchka/Botanicals/20190717-20190717-20190717-DSC01609.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/venchka/Botanicals/20190717-20190717-20190717-DSC01614.jpg.html

Later in the day the flowers had almost fully opened.
I switched to the Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 macro lens. I'm glad I did. The
additional close focusing of the macro lens was needed.
The next photo was shot using the A7's APS-C crop factor to good
advantage.
Plumeria & Ant.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/venchka/Botanicals/20190717-20190717-20190717-20190717-DSC01645.jpg.html

And one last shot. Fully opened.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/venchka/Botanicals/20190717-20190717-20190717-20190717-DSC01677.jpg.html

Another first for these photos: I finally got up the nerve to use the Nik
software for noise reduction & sharpening. I'll probably be back for some
help in using (or not using) this software.
Comments & critiques always appreciated.
Cheers!
Wayne

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] IMGS: Friday Flowers)