Subject: [Leica] [Image] Lens Testing
From: papatorry at etex.net (papatorry at etex.net)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 15:23:10 -0500

I continue to test my assortment of old lenses with the Sony Alpha a7ii.
I have never used some of these lenses before. Today was a case in point:
I put a Canon FD S.C. 50/1.8 that my wife brought home from an estate sale
several years ago. The pristine lens was attached to an equally pristine
Canon A-1 camera.
While "testing" the lens on the a7ii, I found a new way to evaluate lens
quality. Wide open. Minimum focus distance. A fly for a resolution target.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/venchka/backyard/FD+S_C_+50mm+F_1_8+Fly.jpg.html>

Thanks for looking.
Critiques are always welcome and appreciated.

Wayne

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] [Image] Lens Testing)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] [Image] Lens Testing)