Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 13/5/2019: a tomato
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 20:06:10 +0200

Yes. A tomato. A problem with my leg has kept me off the bicycle for a week,
so no mountain landscapes, and I do not walk down to the beach in the
morning either; so I have to make do with I have at home. On Sunday my wife
and I walked the 600 meters to the outdoor market, and bought, among other
things, some tomatoes. Tomatoes here in Spain are just a joy. There are many
different kinds, they taste and smell like tomatoes should, and the ones we
buy at this market are organic, often grown by the people from whom we buy
them, picked by virgins by the light of the full moon (well, maybe that last
bit is over the top). So, last night?s dinner of potato-and-cauliflower soup
followed by small steaks with tomatoes sliced and topped with onion and
olive oil had this giant tomato as its centrepiece. I joked to my wife that
it must have been grown near the nuclear power plan in Tarragona. That plant
is more than 300 km away, so I doubt it, but it was certainly one impressive
and photogenic tomato:

Here, with a Euro coin (a bit larger than a US quarter) for perspective:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-VbMwpLk/A

And here with a lemon from our own garden, used to season the soup:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-t5cGzGQ/A

Life?s simple pleasures.

Cheers,
Nathan