Subject: [Leica] CLA voigtlander or just buy 7artisans?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 11:38:30 -0400

Hi folks --
The front element in my Voigtlander 35 1.7 has become loose after 15 or so
years of use. I'm wondering if I should send it to DAG to get CLA'd or just
buy the 7artisans 35 f2 for $250. I've seen the pixel-peeper reviews that
says there is "little significant difference" between the performance of
the 7artisans and the Summicron-M, which makes me think that just buying a
new lens would not be a terrible choice, plus i'd get about 10 inches
closer focusing, since my 35mm is screwmount. I've no idea what a CLA from
DAG would be (his FAQ says "don't email me, don't call me, i'm busy") -- if
it's $50 I'll send him the lens. if it's $150 I'll just buy the
7artisans.....

Thoughts?

Thanks,

kc