Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 20/4/2019: cherry blossoms in Copenhagen
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 06:51:01 +0200

I have spent Easter in Copenhagen, in glorious spring weather. On Saturday,
my sister and I went for a walk in Langelinie, the coastal park just north
of city centre that contains the Little Mermaid. But we were not there for
that. A few hundred meters away from the mermaid there are approximately 200
cherry trees, donated in 2005 by a Japanese businessman on the occasion of
the 200th anniversary of HC Andersen?s birth that was celebrated that year.
They have since become a much loved part of the city?s landscape, and it is
not hard to see why. Three different views of the explosion of blossoms.

Overall view:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-5K6sHnW/A

A statue sticks out, just:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zz9f54h/A

A closer view:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-sbpLn6z/A

Every year, a Japanese festival is held under the cherry trees:
https://sakurafestival.dk/about/. This year it will be next weekend; too
bad, since I am flying home this afternoon.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain