Subject: [Leica] IMG: Airport Experiment
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 15:54:40 -0600

I was interested in checking out the E-1 & Takumar 200/4 as a
combination I could use at the airport.? Since most airport shots are
pre-focused, an accurate infinity stop is important.? I had previously
ground the lens adapter to match another lens, but had no experience
with the 200.? Though the day was overcast, I decided to stand at the
terminal building with the camera on a monopod and give it a try.? This
image was shot of a departing Piper Arrow on the most distant runway.?
It was shot at ISO 200, 1/800 at f/5.6.? From the large view, I'm
satisfied it has potential.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190307-P3077725.JPG.html

For those who wonder why bother with the 15-yr old E-1, I would point
out that, in addition to the very good Kodak CCD sensor, it is also the
most robust camera body that I could choose for supporting the 680
ounces of metal and glass of the 1960s Super-Multi-Coated Takumar
1:4/200 with metal shade.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA