Subject: [Leica] Beautiful Scopello
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 23:29:54 -0800

Scopello is? a lovely little town perched above the sea about an hour
west of Palermo. We were done with our organized tour, and staying in
another town a few kilometers east to "decompress."? We hired a taxi,
and spent a few hours in Scopello, just wandering around.

In the town itself, much of the activity centers around the town square.
Here are a couple of drinking buddies at the local watering hole:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445433/in/dateposted-public/>
Within a couple of blocks, the views to the sea are spectacular:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445203/in/dateposted-public/>
And the views inland from the square aren't bad either:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445273/in/dateposted-public/>

Down at the sea is the "Tonnara," a cove housing a former tuna fishing
port and cannery that's existed in some form since the 1300s.? It's now
a private beach. Just off shore are a group of sea stacks. Old defensive
towers loom above.? Some guidebooks say it is a beautiful as Capri.? I
won't make comparisons, but we loved it there.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445563/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445703/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445803/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40270445943/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7 or 14/2.5 lenses (40 and 28mm equiv.)?
Enjoy!

--Peter

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Beautiful Scopello)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Beautiful Scopello)