Subject: [Leica] IMG: Western Bluebird
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 07:39:05 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Don Dory wrote:

> ...  In a comment on some new cameras you indicated you might change:
> please refresh your reasons to contemplate equipment change.

Not to worry, there will need to be a very very good reason for me to
discontinue using the a7rIII and 100-400 lens.

What I'm contemplating is adding a Nikon Z7 and 500mm PF to the toy box.
I've begun the process by selling the classic FD 500mm lens which had become
too hefty for me.  Meanwhile I'm keeping an eye on the L-mount cameras and
lenses: I like several features of the Lumix S1R but I'm not fond of its
size and weight, and the next iteration of the Leica SL will also merit
attention.  The L-mount lens selection doesn't yet include much that would
be useful to me but with multiple players in the game I expect this will
change for the better in short order.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com